First-time Passport Applicants
AmericanPassport.com is ready to assist first-time passport applicants in getting a passport. With our experts, we will make the process less stressful for you. So, all you must do is provide us with your documents and let us do the rest.
However, to get a passport for the first time, you must meet these requirements:
- Never had a passport before
- Provide proof of citizenship
- Proof of identification
- Pay fees
To begin the application process, provide AmericanPassport.com these materials. Upon receiving them, the process starts.
- Completed Form DS-11 (follow the guide to complete the form)
- Supporting Documents
- Fees (application and service fees)
Along with the papers, also include in the package a prepaid envelope with postage and your return address. Once we receive your new passport, we will mail it to you.
The other materials that go with the form include:
- One passport size photo (must meet all the photo requirements)
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Citizenship
Some documents must be original or certified copies.
Passport Photo Requirements
Your passport size photo must meet the specific requirements. It should include:
- Two by two inches in size
- Printed on photo paper
- Must have a white background
- Taken in the last six months
- No glasses or hats unless for religious reasons
So, it is best to visit a facility to get your picture taken by a professional photographer.
Proof of Identity Documents
You must provide evidence of your identity before a passport is issued to you. Acceptable documents will include:
- A state-issued driver’s license
- A state-issued ID card (nondriver license, or military ID)
You will not submit the physical card but a copy of both front and back. The prints should be in color and clarity.
Proof of Citizenship Documents
Only a U.S. citizen can apply for a passport. So, if you were born in the U.S., on any U.S. territories, or became a naturalized citizen, you can apply by submitting one document. Any one of these documents will provide proof of citizenship:
- U.S. Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
- Born Abroad Certificate (original)
- Certificate of Naturalization (original certificate)
- Expired passport older than five years (must be undamaged)
The one you submit will return to you after the process is over.
Proof of Departure
To get a passport sooner than the standard processing time, you must provide evidence to travel. The evidence can include:
- A computer-generated flight itinerary
- A letter on business letterhead paper addressed to the U.S. Department of State detailing your travel dates and signed by your employer
First-time Passport Processing Information
The following prices are for American Passport’s professional services. The final cost of your order is determined by the number of business days selected for processing, government fees, shipping and any additional services required to complete your order.
|4 – 6 week service (Passport Renewal Only)||$119.00|
|2 week service||$499.00|
|1 week service||$599.00|
|1 business day service||$749.00|
Government Agency Fee
In addition to AmericanPassport.com’s service fees, some fees will be paid directly to the government agency(s). The fees are specified on the application form and must be paid with a personal check.
Passport Fee $170.00
Shipping fees cover the cost of sending your documents to American Passport and the delivery of your passport and documents back to you. For your convenience, all American Passport application kits including a FedEx shipping label pre-addressed to the American Passport location that will process your order. Using this label will ensure priority overnight shipping of your completed application.
|Inbound shipping||starting at $29.95|
|Outbound shipping||starting at $29.95|